2023 Trail of Honor:
Thank you to all of our volunteers, re-enactors, supporters, and sponsors for all you do! We wouldn’t be what we are or where we are without your continued dedication, and we look forward to continuing working with all of you on this amazing event.
Godspeed and Never Forget
Trail of Honor Volunteers:
The Trail of Honor is only possible through community support and the volunteer organization. To prepare for and carry out the three-day event the Trail of Honor is always in need of additional volunteers. See calendar for Volunteer Meeting Schedule Dates, Times and Activities.
Escort for Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall
Thursday May 18:
08:30 am – All riders collect and prepare for rider safety meeting 8:45 am followed by 9:00 am entry together through south gate to Armed Forces Museum at Camp Shelby.
12:30 pm – Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall Escort Depart [TBD] Camp Shelby.
04:00 pm – Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall Escort Arrive at the event site, Harley Davidson Jackson.
Wall construction will take place following ride completion at the Harley Davidson Jackson Site, volunteers needed and welcome.
With exception of original staging all times are approximate, questions, please contact Roger Barrett (601) 826-5205.
Opening Ceremony for The Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall
Friday May 19:
4:00 pm: Opening Ceremony of the Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall, Harley Davidson of Jackson
Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall, is open to the public 24 hours a day from May 19th Opening Ceremony to May 22th 2:00pm.
Trail of Honor Event Dates
Saturday, May 20 open to public:
09:00 am – Opening ceremony of the Trail of Honor to include recognition of the Gold Star Families.
09:00 am to 5:00 pm Trail of Honor
09:00 am to 3:00 pm Aviation Trail of Honor, Bruce Campbell Airport CAF Facebook for more details.
Sunday, May 21, open to public:
11:00 am to 5:00 pm Trail of Honor
Trail Of Honor Flyers
Monday, May 22
11:30 am – 01:30 pm – Run for the Wall ceremony
Event Admission & Fees
Free Admittance and Free Parking
Trail of Honor:
Aviation Trail of Honor, plane rides for sale, see CAF Flyer for charge per person.
Safety, Event is Handicap Accessible:
No Pets Allowed
Recommend ear plugs for battle reenactments and flights at both locations.
- Talk to living historians and see encampments representing each American War from French and Indian War to the current War on Terrorism
- See battlefield re-enactments of the Civil War and Vietnam War
- Meet Active duty veterans of the present war in Afghanistan
- See Military armor and aerial displays/flyovers
- Ride in a Huey Helicopter with the veterans and aircraft that made history
- Meet Military heroes: Medal of Honor recipients, Navajo Code Talkers, Tuskegee Airmen, ex-POW’s from WWII, Korean War and Vietnam War
- Commemorative Air Force (CAF) will be performing Flyovers in airworthy warplanes from the past
- See the Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall
Volunteer or Sponsor
Please contact David McElroy (601) 372-5770.